There’s not much worse than seeing good food go to waste, but sometimes there’s just no room left at the inn to eat it all. Many leave leftovers to eat the next day, but it turns out that eating certain leftovers can actually make you ill.
While there’s no doubt about the fact that rice is delicious and incredibly versatile, it’s not wise to keep rice any longer than you need to. It’s best to eat it all up, as leftover rice can make you sick if you don’t store it properly. It is possible to eat leftover rice, but you need to make sure that you put it in the fridge within two hours of it being cooked.
While this might be an obvious one, it is still worth mentioning. Keeping your seafood leftovers for the next day might not be very healthy for you. That’s because bacteria can grow on fish and this could see you becoming ill with food poisoning in no time.
Most of us are aware that eggs almost always have salmonella with them. Because eggs have to be cooked very specifically to kill this bacteria, it’s not wise to keep them for any length of time. If they are not cooked properly in the first place, leaving them even for a few hours can cause these bacteria to multiply.